Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice fishing pardners .

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Outdoors Ice fishing pardners .

Post by rogue Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Hey all , I'm getting geared up for some ice fishing this year and was wondering if anybody want to get together and do some fishing . I'm able to travel statewide if you can put us on some fish that are on a suicide bite ( That's the only way I can catch fish ) . I'm not empty handed I have a snowmobile , shanty , rods and such . I would like to get out on some different lakes around Ohio just to see a different scenery and meet some good fisherman . Let me know if you need any help catching any fish . Thanks Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Ice fishing pardners .

Post by OhioFisher Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm sure we'll hook up if we get ice
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:21 pm

rogue, always wanted to try ice fishin, i have seen a few areas where they catch them at lake snowden in athens, not sure how far a drive for ya. but i am defin interested. not sure about the suicide bite though, but they did catch some nice crappies and gills through the ice their last year. we could always say we forgot our cameras and tell some lies. lol
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I would be down. Let me know when you guys want to try some steelies. Buddy went there on Monday and caught 25 males in an hour at rocky river
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm

saugeye1 wrote: we could always say we forgot our cameras and tell some lies. lol

Well trust me, you won't need to remind him to say that lol! Bull Sh!t
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 pm

kprice5 wrote:I would be down. Let me know when you guys want to try some steelies. Buddy went there on Monday and caught 25 males in an hour at rocky river

25!!!! Holy smokes!!! I need a lil extra cash and I'm headin that way so you can show me the ropes!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Sounds good guys , I can't wait on catchen malty species of fish around the state on the hard water . Jonny sorry man I was looking for guys that can catch something , Ha! Ha! just joking . You guys let me know when you get some good ice and I'll be there . Hey jonny the ice fishing video from your sponsor is awesome , I wish that was me .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:13 am

Haha

What vid ya talkin bout?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:27 am

The ice fishing for splake video that's under ice fishing on your Pasha advertisement on the home page . I about s!#t when the guy said they had a 10 mile snowmobile ride to where they were fishing and didn't see another snowmobile track anywhere on the way , Now that's secluded and non-presserd fishing that I'd love . I talked to tim about it and sparked his interested in it . Maybe OHIOOUTDOORS can send one of there members and a guest on a all expense paid week long outing up there in 2010 ( let me know what all you guys think ) .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Lol I don;t think I can get an all expense paid trip but I can get you a good deal and you may be able to come up the week we are there...

Yes no people there Wink

Nice vid too, havent seen it
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm

OhioFisher all you have to do after the holidays is to get a night time job during the week and work two full shifts both days on the weekends . I don't think it should take more then a few months or so to make one of your members and a guest dreams come true . I think that we should get some input from some of the other members before we just say it can't be done , you never know they might know where you can get a good job to pay for this . Hey man I'm here for ya , just trying to help you out . You know I'm good that way , now don't let this affect your decision on who you pick for this trip but if you think back to this summer I took you on some all expense paid guided fishing trips to some top notch places . Remember I'm just trying to help . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 pm

i think it should go to the top poster excluding jonny, oh wait thats me, can i get an early fall trip please. all kiddin aside i think we should have an oo day of ice fishin if we get ice this year, maybe deer ck or alum. jonny and kprice could carpool. we could all hook up and bs, drink coffee and tell some lies. Ice Fishing
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Alum. has been producing good this fall , I'm in . I only tell the truth 3.7% of the time so we'll have stories all day . Kprice will have one heck of a time getting jonny to brake open his skweeky wallet to pay for some gas , he's like Alan on two and a half men .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 pm

i'm defin in, always wanted to try icefishin, LMAO i know exactly the episode u are talkin about on two and half men. jonny dig out some of that moldy money, let's finally get this oo day goin.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 pm

What happen jonny ? Are you there ? I bet he's have'en a panic attack just thinking about opening that (like bran new) wallet .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:12 am

LMAO
Well I don't know that night job does sound tempting, but I'll pass this year Wink

Lol funny post Brian, dam lol!

The day does sound pretty awesome, just dont speak too soon, the ice isn't here yet!

As for the fishing, I can put us on more gills than you can count, but its a drive, I just don't wanna get out my squeaky wallet lol
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 am

how long a drive is alum for u jonny?
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:45 am

He'll have right at 2hr to get to alum . Hey jonny when do you think your coming down this way , Tim has some poles and such for me and I was going to see if you wouldn't mind bringing them down with you . Also when you cross Interstate 70 it's spelled SKWEEKY , dam yankees .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 pm

hahahahha I would be down to drive. Hopefully ice is on the way!
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Lol sometime within the next week or so

yup two hours
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 am

saugeye 1 is there any fish with teeth in that lake ? Kprice5 where are you from and what's your local lake ? My best bet around here is indian lake and deer creek lake . But I have family up on Erie I'll be doing some ice fishing with if we get some ice . Indian already skimmed over but I bet it's open now with this rain and temp .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:03 pm

lake snowden has craapies gill and saugeyes, we could do buckeye for some eyes also, they get some nice ones through the ice their. i live about 15 from logan, nelsonville and mcarthur, f u know where they are, alum is also close to 2 hours from me, but willing to drive to try ice fishin. watch everyones repoerts and pics while i sit here and stay warm, just never had anyone that iced fish, some i'm pretty pumped, hopefully we will get some ice and we could all hook up. i will have to get me and ice pole and some baits, so everyone suggestions will help.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:22 pm

I live south of cleveland. I mainly fish for gills, crappie, and perch. about a half hour from west branch, mosquito, and berlin. Willing to drive up to 2 hours. Indian is about 2 hours from me. Same with buckeye lake
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Saugeye 1 I know an ol'boy that can fix you up with a nice starter kit for you , I can give him a call for you if you like and get a price . Kprice do you fish for the perch in your inland lakes if so are there any size to them ? It sounds like alum. is about half way for us all so far . Boys this sounds like fun and maybe the first of some Ohio-outdoors gathering . How do you all rate your lakes on a scale of 1 to 10 on quality and quantity . I rate deer-creek lake at 9 for crappie and 2 for saugeye , CJ brown Reservoir would be 1 for walleye and 5 on crappie and 1 for yellow perch . Lake Erie does not count in this poll jonny . Hey jonny where is this gill hole you was talking about .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 pm

medina lake is a 9 for gills and 6 for perch and 5 for walleye and crappie. It is a good multi species lake, but it can get tough to find them in there. It usually takes me 10-15 holes before I find anything. I would be down to try alum creek or where ever you guys think is goodd...
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next