Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That time of year again

3 posters

Go down

Big Grin That time of year again

Post by Flathead King 06 Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:46 pm

How man y of you guys out there make your own ice fishing lures and jigs??? I've been watching a few other forums where guys have been making jigging spoons and blade baits with copper piping and filling them with lead... but here is some of the stuff I've been making in the last few days... the bottle cap "jig" thanks to Mike's Hard Lemonade, has 5 BB's in it and weighs in just about at 3/16oz and the little jigs I've made are lead wire wrapped around the shank and cemented on... killed the crappie and gills with them last season... and the others are things I've just "re-feathered" or made up to try...

Quick question... has anyone ever tried a drop-shot technique with splitshots and small flies or jigs? I was reading somewhere that guys use this for perch up north with micro plastics like the bubble belly shad baits and a small wire hook... any thoughts?

That time of year again 100_0777

That time of year again 100_0776
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Big Grin Re: That time of year again

Post by OhioFisher Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 pm

That bottle cap lure is bad ass

make me one, I want it on my hat Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 pm

me to, one for the hat, that little yellow jig is what i got my fish on friday, only chartruese, tipped with waxies
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down