Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going to happen to the ice?

4 posters

Go down

Fishing What is going to happen to the ice?

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Well Dad and I have been arguing about what is going to happen to the ice, mainly Erie and if we have any chance to fish anywhere again...

I personally think with weather up in the mid 30's for the next ten days and already past 5 days that had that I just don't see how it could last..
Wednesday of this week and Tuesday of next are the only two days in the forecast that we will not be going above freezing although almost every night we will be heading below thirty...

On his argument dam near every year we have at least a day or 3 or sometime it goes below zero, haven't had any of that yet. Plus we are in luck as the rain seems to be staying clear of this part of the state which will make the ice stick around longer...

I will be curious to see what happens, just like to know what you guys think too!

Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: What is going to happen to the ice?

Post by saugeye1 Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:41 pm

it's been raining all day here, ton of water on top, looks like if the river is not up next weekend i'll probably be headin down that way. callin for above thirty every day this week with a couple more days of rain this week. not good here
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:07 pm

early spring.....bye bye ice fishing
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:10 pm

I was down at deer creek yesterday and all the snow was gone and some water was standing at the presser cracks . I did go out a little ways and you could see where the melted snow had refrozen to the ice but it didn't look good . After the rain today I bet it's honeycombed but with the temps this week to come I'll take the boat out on it this weekend if the ice is gone . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum