Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goose jerky

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors Goose jerky

Post by Tod Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:43 am

Going thru the old 6' meat cooler in the garage I have a few skycarp and wondered what to do with this fine table fair. Having a taste for some jerky and not wanting to part with 25 per pound or gettings some road kill for a buck a the local Casey's I went to Cabela's and picked up their brand jerky kit makes about 15#'s. All you need to do is trim all fat and cut into strips not thicker than 1/4, just the way I like it a bit tender and chewy not dry and tough.

Wanting to get the most out of my oven I cut 3pc of 1/8 stainless rods to fit in the oven so the jerky will hang and no labor of turning meat during the drying process. Covering the bottom of the oven was a must so Mrs Todd didn't turn my but into jerky should anything drip dry. After a 24hr soak in the cure it was time to hang and dry at 180 for 3 hrs.

I have to say I'm happy with the end result and passing it to many people and not one of the asking where the trash can is to clear their palate.
Goose jerky P1010745
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Goose jerky

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Food
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator