Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Erie on ice with Capt Mike Patterson

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors Lake Erie on ice with Capt Mike Patterson

Post by Tod Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Friday after work Uncle O, Robb and I headed east to fish for some big eyes a trip that has been talked about for the last 3 winters. Pulling in to Port Clinton at 1am and catchin a few zzzzzzzz at the Best Western before our 8.30am air boat ride to Bass Island to meet our guide for the weekend.

Air boat was on time and so was Capt Mike waiting on the island with a quad and UTV for our on ice transpertation for the weekend. A short stop at the cabin to drop gear and to don the Ice Armor we were off to hunt big eyes. Robb was the first one to land a nice 18'' with in minutes of putting a line down the hole at our first spot. The rest of the day was moving looking for biters with a perch here and there and a good lunch on the ice cooked up by our captin.

With the night bite getting close we were a just one of Mike's mobile camps on fishy spots watching Mike and Charlie catching some hogs with two of them at 9#. The 3 of fishing together but apart we didn't manage pic's of each other with fish.

Bait of choice was jiggin Rap #7 with 5 minnows one on each hook or a jiggin spoon.

For info on Capt Mike go to www.mikessportfishing.com

https://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/killerpigeon01/?action=view&current=69ed9849.pbw
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Lake Erie on ice with Capt Mike Patterson

Post by OhioFisher Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks for the report todd! Wish I could have gone~
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator