Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy to be on board

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Happy to be on board

Post by JimG Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:25 pm

Hello Everyone, I'm a 60 year old Crappie Addict that has checked out alot of sites and I seem to keep coming back to this one and figured I'd join up.

In my over 50 years of fishing I guess I have fished and caught just about every type of freshwater fish , but when I was nearing 30 years old I figured the Crappie seemed to be the hardest fish to figure out to catch all year long and made it my passion to research and try to learn the was of the Silver Slab.
Though the years, I found there are no real Crappie experts , for this fish creates his own pattern and you have to keep searching.

After fishing 21 States I found that some nice Crappies are present in our own back yards , it's just finding the right places and presenting the right offerings.

For the most part, I'm a jig kind of guy , but will resort to minnows when it's late in the season or even down size to wax worms in the winter.

About nine years ago I started writing a article once a week in the Sandusky, Ohio paper about on-shore fishing to help provide information to those who wanted some pointers.
The end result was getting to know hundreds of folks and trying to help them along the way.

Now seeing that I just ended the writing phase in my life I wanted to find a site to maybe share some thoughts on past practices that have helped me and that's my reason for coming to this site.

Once a fellow fisherman who spent time with me said, "Your no good unless you can pass on what you have learned". He went on to say," if your afraid to give up areas to fish then you also have limited your fishing ability" and you know that always stuck with me.

Now I don't get out on the ice as much as I useto , but I spend my winters preparing lures for early Spring and other seasons.

Which now I have the time to sit down and maybe share my thoughts or patterns of things that have worked for me.

I'm sure many will have other views and that's good, for in hearing other ideas it's a way of learning.

So in the near future I'll be back and try to post some things I have learned along the way.

So Happy Holidays to all and good fishing,

JimG
JimG
JimG
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Happy to be on board

Post by bugeyedjig Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:31 pm

welcome to the site. i posted question for search pattern crappie awhile ago, would like your input.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Welcome!
Welcome to the site jim!
Excited to see you on here being a member!
You my freind are my crappie expert thats for sure-Always nice posts and information.
Hope to see you on the ice this year Wink
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tod Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:31 pm

Welcome Jim you got a good spot here but do tell everyone
Tod
Tod