Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saturday's mixed bag plan didn't work.....30 mph wind;no shanty

+2
OhioFisher
bugeyedjig
6 posters

Go down

Outdoors saturday's mixed bag plan didn't work.....30 mph wind;no shanty

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:50 am

well the plan was to move, move, move. but that didn't work. my buddy dan and i don't have shacks, and the other guys with shacks couldn't go. so with 30 mph wind we made a quick one from a tarp and some 1 inch pvc we anchored into the ice. we picked what we thought to be the best spot, punched four holes and settled in to last as long as we could in the cold. worked pretty good, we were able to stand the wind and cold for about 5 hours, but we didn't get the mixed bag we wanted. my catch was 54 bluegills and 1 bass, but 1 bluegill measured 9 1/4 inch,pretty cool. pink white glow was the color of the day. dan ended with only 20, and wouldn't have gotten them if i finally wouldn't have held him down and tied pink white to his line. kind of like the old dog new trick thing. man some people are stubborn! had a blast and lots of coffee.saturday's mixed bag plan didn't work.....30 mph wind;no shanty Img_1920saturday's mixed bag plan didn't work.....30 mph wind;no shanty Img_1921saturday's mixed bag plan didn't work.....30 mph wind;no shanty Img_1923saturday's mixed bag plan didn't work.....30 mph wind;no shanty Img_1924
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: saturday's mixed bag plan didn't work.....30 mph wind;no shanty

Post by OhioFisher Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 am

Looks like you've got a lot of cleaning on your hands to do!
Congrats on the F.O. Big Fish
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mamatina Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:54 pm

No shanty, no fishy... You da' man. Cleaning not so good.. Dinner... YUMMY Smile
mamatina
mamatina
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by BrendanK Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:17 am

Now i actualy dont care when people keep bass as long as they dont keep super tiny ones. But not being racist but the black people near me keep anything they catch even like 2 inch bluegills and like 6 inch bass its pretty annoying.
BrendanK
BrendanK
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:46 am

we have people around us like that. surprises me it's usually the older guys that keep 5 inch bluegill as eaters. finally i had to ask 1 and he said they eat the tail and all. whatever!!!!! it's your dinner, but i would rather have a 5 inch fillet with nothing crunchy in it.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:09 am

I know a few guys up at Indian Lake that like to fry up the fish tails... they say it's like potato chips.... the jury's still out on that...
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:23 pm

that's the way my grandpa was, if he saw u throw back a fish he skin ya alive, i guess it was the time era he grew up in, where u did not throw any food back.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down