Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trout-Steelhead Sauteed Steaks

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Trout-Steelhead Sauteed Steaks

Post by OhioFisher Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Sauteed Steelhead Steaks

3 tbls. olive oil
4-8 steelhead steaks, about 1 inch thick
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. basil
1 tbls. parsley
2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 tsp. Salt
pepper to taste

Heat oil in good sized skillet. Add the steaks and saute for 2-4 minutes, turn and finish cooking. Remove the steaks and keep them warm. Add onions, garlic and seasonings to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes then add the tomatoes. Arrange the steaks over the mixture, cover and cook over a medium low heat for about 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Trout-Steelhead Sauteed Steaks

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:26 pm

sounds pretty good! I like slamon and trout and my wife and I eat quite a bit of salmon, so this would be a good way to try.
Have you ever had pan-fried or deep fried salmon with panko bread crumbs? That is some good studd right there. even better if you drizzle them with a little bit of honey as soon as you take them out of the oil.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Nope
Only really have a taste for smoked salmon

As far as trout my Dad does some onions and bakes em with lemon juice mmmmmmmmmmmm
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 am

smoked salmon is one of my favorite foods, we used to live in NY and I got hooked on bagels... well, bagels with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and capers are outstanding and when I can I have that for breakfast. We go to a sushi place in C-bus that has smoked salmon hand rolls that I like to order also.

I used to work with a guy who was a retired firefighter and he used to go up to New York(lake ontario) and fish for Salmon, I asked him if he kept any of them and he said "no" that he didn't like it... I asked him if he ever had it smoked.. his reply was " Salmon tastes like $#!T, and smoked Salmon tastes like smoked $#!T."

I told him I did not agree. Exclamation
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down