Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you camp?

+2
OhioFisher
ratherbefishing
6 posters

Go down

Outdoors How do you camp?

Post by ratherbefishing Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:10 am

How do you equip yourself for camping? Do you really rough it, or do you have to find that perfect "camp site" that allows you to watch the race on your satellite?

It's interesting to think about what roughing it means to different people... it can be the way you eat, how you play, or where you go, that makes the way you camp, your way of camping.

Good fishin' and camping

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: How do you camp?

Post by OhioFisher Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:22 am

I heard a pretty funny standup joke one day about camping. He said why do people work all their lives to go live in the wilderness lol.

I like both kinds of camping but we sold our camper last year so I would consider what we do now is roughing it... But I suppose you could call certain things roughing it and now a days trips camping..???

We always pack too much, sleeping bags, food, fishin poles Smile
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:30 pm

We take the tent, potable water, spices, an iron skillet and a dutch oven, a few big logs, a flash stick(sometimes matches), fishing poles, potatoes, veggies and fruit, and cutlery fillet knives, forks, and a hatchet.

I'll admit, and air mattress would be nice, but we never take one.

The most important things about camping are the things you don't take...

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by keithlancaster Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 am

If I'm Camping Near A Lake, I Take My Sleepin Bag, A Fishin Pole, Pocket Tackle Box, A Knife, Canteen, Jerky

If I'm Hiking To camp in The Middle Of nowhere, I take My Sleepin Bag, A Knife, Canteen, Jerky, And a gun (for the damned coyotes out here and the bob cats)

Can't say ive ever did the whole "camp-site" Thing. No offense to anyone else but it's Sissy Stuff IMO
keithlancaster
keithlancaster
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 am

bobcats, just noticed where your from, got a buddy down that way who hunts in an area full of those guys. they make and eary sound when your in the woods after dark. make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Proud to be a sissy

Post by JimG Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:50 am

After being a Boy Scout leader and Eagle Scout for 40 + years and living out of a back pack one weekend a month I make sure my guests and I camp well.

I drive a cargo van and everything is always loaded except for food and ready to go at any minute.

Cabin tent, dining fly and all the comfort seating. Air bed is a must besides.

I never have a shortage of folks wanting to camp and they enjoy a harty breakfast just at sunrise before heading out to fish. Catches are deep fried for the evening meal and even if the rain hits you stay dry.

I have evrything down pat that it only takes me 42 minutes to setup when we arrive and just a little longer to pack when we go home.

Now that I have done both camping primative and easy camping the easy camping seems to agree with my 60 year old body and I still have a good time.

The best part is being outside and fishing I guess.

Very good post and topic so far,
Thanks ,
JimG
JimG
JimG
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:53 am

I have a tent so I take it... nothing to prove to anyone by getting destroyed by mosquitos near a lake. Jim is no sissy! cheers You guys have a good one!

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by keithlancaster Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 am

ratherbefishing wrote:nothing to prove to anyone by getting destroyed by mosquitos near a lake

Mosquito's dont bite me Cool Dunno why.. maybe something in my blood? but I dont think ive ever actually been bitten by one. Maybe they just dont like me? Very Happy fine by me though
keithlancaster
keithlancaster
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

I like to party/camp. Nothin beats fishin all mornin then watchin the sun go down over a lake while drinkin a cold beer and maybe listen to some country music
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:57 am

sounds good but for the country music. Brad Paisley is cool and George strait is really good, but that's about all I like as far as country music!
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:39 pm

NICE GUYS!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator