Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowden Again!

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Snowden Again!

Post by AllWeatherAngler Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Well I have had an interesting past couple of days on Snowden. Yesterday, a friend of mine caught a 25" saugeye while crappie fishing and I managed about 20 bass from 8-13" and a few crappie. Today was slow but we managed 5 nice channel cats and I caught a really nice crappie that went 14 3/4"! I have pictures but my camera doesn't work on my computer. I'll have to wait until the girlfriend gets home on Monday when I can use her computer. BTW the biggest crappies I catch over 14" have gone back into the lake. I appreciate those of you who do the same. Jim kinda gave me a conscience about the big crappies, he unknowingly got me thinking about it. I still keep them under that though!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Snowden Again!

Post by kmjschulz Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Yea there's some real nice crappies in there caught the biggest one of my life there congrats!
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Yeah, I've been at it again! Yesterday and the day before were great days for the bluegill fishing. Tuesday we found them on a main lake point in about 5' of water drifting baits @ 3' to start. The wind was rough and it was overcast to begin. After clearing up a bit, the sun came out and we had to switch our game. They started feeding near the surface and we ended up doing well with small black flies tipped with maggots fished @ 1-1.5'. We started Wednesday afternoon out doing the same thing we finished with on Tuesday evening. As the evening progressed they started to slow. After moving around some we were able to find them in .5-1.5' of water! It was a slay fest! No real monsters but we had about 65 bluegills and redears from 7.5-8.75" on Wednesday and about 25 on Tuesday(only fished three hours) Plus many more throwbacks!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 pm

Sounds like you've got some sweet techniques man and your reports are great!

As for the crappie, I believe your best spawners will be 10-12 inches as they are big and have a long life ahead of em, any bigger than that they dont taste good, so I'll take a batch of 9 inch ones all day hahaha

Keep that freezer full and lines tight
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by luckylure69 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 am

great reports! never really fished snowden when i went to school down there and now i wish i would have! i stuck with all the dink crappie at logan lol. anyways, keep the reports up. i love to hear whats goin on down there Very Happy
luckylure69
luckylure69
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down